WeDiscover technology, STEM Education, apps, video games, board games, music, and all things geeky. Discover something new with Kat Mahoney on WeDiscoverGeeks Talk Radio.
WEDISCOVERGEEKS RADIO Episode 1: Universal
We discuss gadgets, educational materials, tech businesses, and a new music discovery
- Social Media Sharing Safety
- zSpace VR STEM Education
- The Moon Crowdfunded Startup
- Level 7 Board Game
- Mendum Stay with Me
Let us know what you thought of this episode or make a suggestion for one!
Get more episodes and download episodes for On The Go Listening!
SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING
* Never share photos of your belongings. Be careful about displaying any expensive belongings on social media that might entice thieves. Steer clear of posting pictures of expensive jewelry, cash, designer clothing and accessories, and electronics.
* Don’t tag your location. Disable the geotagging feature on your smartphone and resist the urge to check in at locations while you’re away.
* Avoid uploading photos during your vacation. Wait until you’re home to share your family’s trip.
* Be selective about what and with whom you share. Limit your following or friend base on your personal accounts and adjust your privacy settings so that others have a limited view of your profiles. You never know if a friend of a friend is looking at your photos or other posts.
* Never announce your vacation plans on your social media channels. If you plan to go out of town, consider having a neighbor check on your home, or hiring a trusted friend or family member to housesit.
* Verify friend requests. It’s easy for people to pretend to be someone they’re not online, so don’t get “catfished.” Be wary of connecting with people you don’t know.
* Power down your PC. Disable the internet connection to cut off access to any personal information stored on your computer, because unattended machines are easy marks for hackers.
zSPACE VR STEM EDUCATION
Moving on from the moon to space, let’s talk STEM Education. zSpace that is. zSpace is a virtual reality (VR) system used for STEM education. Unlike hardware systems that require headsets, zSpace is screen-based. Students and teachers use a custom stylus to pick up and manipulate items from a screen. Lightweight glasses transform that item into a 3D object that can be seen by everyone wearing the glasses, or cast onto a screen for the class to view. zSpace is become one of the hottest educational programs for STEM Educators and the kids are loving it!
To find more about zSpace and what the STEM Programs can do for you and your school, visit edu.zspace.com
The Moon is the world’s most innovative Smart Home Solution. It combines amazing features with a revolutionary design: • Smart Home Hub with ZigBee, Z-Wave, BLE & IR Blaster • Stabilized levitation with wireless charging • 360° Day&Night Vision with sound direction detection technology • Temperature, CO2, Humidity and Light Sensors • No paid plans, no hidden fees • No wires, No setup, No installation
LEVEL 7 BOARD GAME
Last but not least I’m going to wrap this episode up with a suggestion for a new board game. Since we’ve been delivering some pretty cool info on gadgets and educational material that is simply “out of this world”, why stop now? In fact, this board game tops off everything universal with a dark and horrifying twist that’s bound to keep you on the edge of your seat. That is, if you can survive Level 7.
Read our Level 7 Review from our online magazine at https://wp.me/p9nZBE-O3